October 01, 2009

So This Crazy Motherfucker...


Has been pouncing around town for a couple weeks now. This Sunday and Monday, he's playing at the very intimate Orpheum downtown. I didn't get tickets, instead, was too busy lining up my ducks to travel thousands of hours and countries away to see another band. Sometimes, that's just how things go. No sweat. In the meantime, something else came up, they're adding a show at the Echoplex tomorrow night - Friday. It's this little mashgroup that's going to run through Yorke's entire The Eraser that came out a couple years ago. It was one of the albums I had with me in South Africa, the unforgettable sort that included the then recently released Sam's Town. Quite a time in my life and that music was directly tied. Anyway, I'm trying not to think too much about the chances of racing battalions of LA hipsters. Not going to think too much about that. Or that this place is about the size of my fist. Not gonna think about that. But holy shit...for 20 bucks and a cross-town trip to Echo Park, to catch this crazy motherfucker...

Could be a solid friday night. Could be, could be.