October 15, 2009

Christopher Lloyd...

Things tend to drag sometimes when I'm at work late in the afternoon when the bar clears out. Things slow down...I go off and fetch and restock everything we lost in the crush. It's slow...the time goes by slow...I count the minutes until 430 when I can actually escape. Today, I came back from the wine room with my arms full to see there was someone sitting alone at my bar. And I had a moment where I told myself something like, yeah I wish I was doing something else with my Monday Tuesday and Thursday afternoons...something not Mozza and more related to moving my pen or fingers to make words. All in due time. But anyway, my loner was this guy...

I've waited on everyone. Sometimes, it's funny to find out the few who actually faze. Something about this guy is so iconic to me. Maybe because he's an icon - I was rapping with him and I think I was thinking something like, well all things considered this might not be a terrible way to spend a slow hour at work, hanging with Doc...