September 05, 2005

4-24-05

I had a great weekend. That’s not to say I have many not so great weekends…or that I complain very much, or very little. Or…that I am any closer to, “figuring it out” as the day I was born.

But Sunday was good. Sunday is always good. The feeling of being trapped in this lull of comfort. The back end of a weekend. Everything feels…free. And that’s a good thing. Because let’s face it, there is far too much binding going on every other day of the week.

My freedom led me to the 24 hour Pavilion’s just a few minutes ago…high on spirits. Why? Because I had to pick up some Lucky Charms, a Clif Bar and a bottle of Vanilla Chai Naked Juice for tomorrow. Which, might I add…was reportedly sent straight from heaven. Seriously, try it…

When I got home, I had to prematurely crack into something so magically delicious…it called out from inside the box. This, however, was no regular box of Lucky Charms…

Somewhere inside…I would find a Shark Tale hand held video game. I knew this because several weeks ago, I pulled the blue version, #2, from a different box. With only four more to go, I was on my way.

Collect them all! That’s what they say. It’s what they encourage. And, I am not ashamed to say that mere seconds after the plastic seal on that bag was broken, my hand rifled through the cornucopia of marshmallows, plundering through those communist fucking oat type things to find…the exact same blue handheld video game which I pulled from a box weeks ago.

Needless to say, my weekend was ruined. Possibly the entire month of April…with hangover affects stretching into May.

Seriously though…in complete sincerity, I want to ask a question. With all of the problems facing this world right now. Poverty, war, bigotry, pollution, apathy…what hope do we have?

After all, we don’t even stand a chance in collecting all 5 Shark Tale video games from select boxes of General Mills’ cereal. Who is going to apologize to our children after they pull two consecutive blue handheld games while desperately trying to complete their collection? Better yet, who is going to apologize to me?

I was planning on writing about an invading feeling…cause I get those, often. One that rolled in with the sweet tease of a summer wind.

Because, I have just been dealt a couple good hands…strong hands. The type of hands where you can’t help but throw the dealer a wink…cause the house is about to be in a world of trouble. And lately, it’s been good times around my head. I wanted to write about that…because the fire is lit.

But what can I say? They are just so magically delicious…