June 12, 2010

Monkeys...


Yesterday, I went out for a run around 6...maybe sometime after. I took a left on my quaint street and headed north maybe. There were houses and homestays and then the road got significantly tighter before it got tighter. Then there was a steep hill that rode up along a dirt cliff. Then it ended and I was running through the jungle or what looked and felt and sounded like it. I thought I was getting myself lost, excited by the possibility of it, following a stream and narrow footpath. I saw no one before I came across some naked Balians (?) bathing in the stream before I climbed another cliff before I popped out into the colors of setting sun and endless tiered rice fields. I was sweating and thought of crying before I took a deep breath, thankful that someone like me was going to someday paint it in truer and better words than this. It was a moment I wished I could give to everyone. Someday, I'll try.