June 28, 2010

Gili Air...

I can feel it all collecting, building now. I'll look back someday and tell myself that's what Gili Air was good for - a place so slow it gave me a chance to over-collect and see what is actually happening here. It's 530 and the sun is setting over my bathroom window and I'm getting ready to escape, as I had to hire a tomorrow boat for 4 in the morning to get me back to Lombok before getting me back to the airport for a flight at 7. Over the course of the next week, a lot of things are going to come at me. Many of them will likely come hard...and I'm ready for that. Someday next December, it'll all be over, and I'll have this...piles and piles of this. I'll be looking down onto Victoria Drive from high, high above and I'll be cradling it all together, and I'll be telling myself this is mine, convincing myself all of this is mine, hoping to be true, hoping to so simply lend a hand in the burden of turning this wheel...