September 02, 2009

Time Bandits...

Every night on Tuesday night, me and some people get together and have a movie night. We rotate the venue across this fine town and take turns cooking/hosting. Last night was at my friend Steven's place in Santa Monica. He showed this...

I had to show up a little late and came in about halfway through. Crazy, crazy fucking movie. I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole time, about the dozens and dozens of times I had watched it as a young pup. This was absolutely one of the staples of my childhood diet. And I feel like any imagination I have or am capable of stems back to this movie...at least has to give it a nod. Just amazing. This previous clip is the ending - and that doesn't ruin anything - before we drift away and up and get a title card. Insane...and that's nothing. Fucking Gilliam.