August 30, 2009

The Rat...

Somewhere on a come and gone road, I heard this song that fell into me...and maybe I heard it a couple more times before I forgot about it before I later tried to recall it and failed. I always remembered it was vicious and had this drop in the middle that went something like, when I used to go out I knew everyone I saw...now I go out alone if I go out at all. That was all I remembered and remember being tremendously affected by its 4 minutes. Recently, I've been cruising Pitchfork's top 500 songs of the 2000's and have been grabbing bunches of them I somehow missed. Today, fucking hungover and having not slept, slung out on the couch of this penthouse I'm staying, the song started playing - the song I've been scouring for. Oh, and it bent me over and shot me full and I'm bouncing, fucking bouncing, blowing out the speakers lining the halls and walls of this fortress. Amazing. The Walkmen. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.