August 22, 2009

Channeling Keanu...

I saw this again for the first time in a long time last week. Amazingly terrible...and Busey at his finest. Maybe I was inspired.

Today, I woke up at 645 to make the drive 22 or so miles into Malibu on the PCH, because I'd been living in California for close to 5 years and never once gave it a shot.


Got up once and bit it, spent most of the time on my knees but made it work. I was paddling out with my buddy about halfway in, when I told him I had an awful headache...that I had felt like I needed to throw up constantly for the past hour and he said something very casual like, sometimes your body has to get used to the bacteria in the water. When I got out after 3 hours, I almost fainted...like, had to catch my balance from a knee. Not sure from what. Killed it. Next up...Swayze.