March 11, 2009

Let's Stay On Music...


Because I'm starting to feel that pull. I think it has something to do with daylight savings and the light staying around longer than usual - and the world waking up again - and this this idea of elevated happiness for 7 months until time comes calling for the world to tuck itself away...and I always follow suit, maybe because I'm a creature of habit, maybe because I've yet to fully figure myself out.

Anyway, all of this leads us back into Muse...who released Black Holes And Revelations a few years ago. You can certainly dig through my posts and find me writing up all their glory over and repeatedly on here...

Countless mentions on shows or nights spent chasing them on YouTube, or proclaiming to any willing ears, the title Rock God upon Matt Bellamy - because when it comes to them, maybe more than anything else in this artistic world, I am a fanboy and have no problem saying that. And when I watch the videos of Wembley in '07, I feel like I'd give a year of my life to have been there. That's where I'm at.

So tonight, I was fishing around a little bit, because it's time. It's time to give me something new to root for in life. Time for a new album. I respect the fact that they take exactly that...time, usually a couple years between releases and usually tour like monsters before, during and after dropping an album...but like I said, again, for the 5th and 6th time, it's time.

So this was nice...

"I'd say we're about halfway there. We're creating a lot of material now and a lot of it's going off in all sorts of directions... Over the next couple of months I think we're gonna have to start narrowing it down and start saying, 'Right, what are we going to do here?' Because at the moment we're just enjoying totally exploring everything that we've got to offer really, but I think it's going very well... We've got to finish the album first, but I'd hope that we're on for a tour later in the year sometime... Probably autumn time or something like that I should think we'll be back on the road."

It'll be October. Good date to chase music around the world...somewhere that trades winter for summer. Yeah.