October 06, 2008

One Sunday...

I was thinking about this sometime last night. Sometime as I was either on Mullholland or picking up Grand Lux or watching the second song The Killers played on SNL over and over and over - burning a hole in my DVR.

Something about the speed of the world, and the fact that I feel like I'm living for weeks or months at a time in a matter of days. It made me want to brand it on my arm or heart or cheek, this idea - One Sunday.

Because I was sitting with so much, and with the world to pull through this week, and then the week after that, and after that - and I started thinking to myself that the world changes, rises and falls from Sunday to Sunday. And between every Sunday, there's a lifetime. And I have no control, nothing to do but live and push, avoid naps and apathy and allow myself to feel it all because I already know I fucking do.

I just wish I knew the name of the song. Just wish it could play in this hat I call headphones.