October 19, 2008

Entourage...

You know that scene in every fight movie where someone's getting the shit kicked out of them and they're about to lose everything and their life is about to collapse and someone's in their corner, just about to throw in the towel? Well, that's what I feel Entourage has been this season. I see most of the episodes, but days have long passed since they were a necessary DVR/TIVO.

And I have to say, right up until the 26 minute point on tonight's episode (Gotta Look Up To Get Down), Entourage was putzin the fuck around. It's not that I'm saying it's a bad show and I'm not totally knocking it, obviously I'm still watching. But for a stretch, it had it man. And when something falls from such envied creative grace, how can you help but feel the void.

But anyway, anyway...usually when the guy in the movie who's getting his face smashed in is about to give up, something drastic happens. Some kind of epiphany of inspiration. Let me see if I can find...yep, this is remarkable (esp. 6:30-7:15)...


And that's my parallel tonight. Entourage's blindsided hook, from nowhere, this...

Sun setting...

Leavin on a jet plane...

Two roads diverge...

Magic. When it's due, I give. I was about to throw in the towel.