May 31, 2010

This...


Made me go back and get my camera. I felt like today, I committed to a cause that will propel the rest of my life. Today, I finally felt like I dug my toes in and made a commitment to be strong, to bury any past perceptions I've had of myself, good or bad and essentially start from scratch. I was walking back from my 3rd hard workout of the day and I was swaying before I dropped myself in the pool. They were setting up for the night - nights here are always big...and Absolution was playing on the beach...the entire album...all the way through. Fucking Absolution. My chest was beating so hard in the water, it was making waves. To the south, a massive island storm was on its way - lightning continuously lighting up the sky. All I had to do was sit and breathe and realize it would be a moment in my entire life I would never forget, and that I am finding my stride.