January 15, 2010

Tempe, AZ...


I don't think I ever need to see another college town again - that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking as I was walking Mill Street and passing college kids and college kid energy. Champaign-Urbana took care of that. In spite of what we all think to be true when we're going to college, there is really nothing redeeming about anyone while they're there. They study as little as possible to drink and drug and sleep and fuck as much as possible (not referring to my experience necessarily) and they're impressionable and think they know absolutely everything. Amazing, right? Anyway, recently I feel like I've been making such profound trips to cities like Berlin and Seattle and Chicago and now I'm in Tempe and I was walking through a college town and like I said - don't think I ever need to see another college town again. Pretty sure I knew that coming in though.

Here to take care of business, that's about it. 26.2 and swifter than I've ever been. Maybe see Phoenix and enough of Arizona that my head can own it but yeah...business.