February 13, 2009

So I'm Starting To Think It's Me...

Which is okay. I love epiphanies.

Sometime...either two nights ago or two months ago, I went out for a night on the town with this girl I'd previously met at a party. I was immediately drawn to her. And that's how it happens with me, knowing straight away whether someone stands a chance at occupying my time. And I get very forward. I pulled up a chair and we talked about tattoos and the expectations of life and all the things two oddly charming people talk about when they're dancing steps around each other.

We met for a drink sometime in that span, stayed at the first bar until it closed. And I don't drink that much any more, but it was as decent a reason as any to stay out, so we moved to a second bar, stayed until those lights came up.

And I don't know why I'm saying this, other than to work through self-realization...and because I've got these bruises on my shoulder and back...and I was looking in the mirror and realized that I'd forgotten my response to her question in the backseat of my car, asking if she could bite me and then my daring her, then again...then again and soon after just hoping a cop wasn't going to drive by while all the while thinking to myself -- I should have gotten this out of my system in high school.

That and why do I have to be so tall...

Hollywood weeknights.