February 10, 2009

Boycott Kelloggs...


I'll be the first to admit. I've always thought Michael Phelps was something of a douche. Not really a bad douche though - I'm just saying that if he was a regular guy who didn't win a dozen or so gold medals at the Olympics and I was talking to him at a party, I'd likely turn to a friend afterwards and say something like okay...I don't need to ever talk to that guy again. Harmless.

When the photos came out of him hitting a bong at some campus party, I laughed. In my mind, I thought something like okay, douche...good for you. And not because I'm a liberal druggie or that I like weed. Actually, I can't stand the stuff. More because...well, maybe I like the idea of bringing our heroes down because it's honest.

So I was reading an article on espn.com today and it really pissed me off. We all know Phelps has had some sponsorship issues since the whole thing went down, most notably, Kelloggs. I pulled this from the article, the whole thing about whether or not Phelps was going to compete in the 2012 Olympics, whether or not he was going to decide to be an entire nation's superman...again.

"
"I'm not feeling too good physically," Phelps said, according to the report. "But I'm actually able to sleep now. I had a real hard time sleeping over the last two weeks or so. Just swimming and thinking about everything going on. Everything is back to what I call normal, I guess."

Phelps, the winner of a record-breaking eight gold medals at Beijing last summer, said he called every one of his sponsors to apologize and spoke to everyone except Kellogg, according to the report.

"I guess the only one I didn't really talk to was Kellogg, and I attempted to call four days in a row and didn't get any responses," Phelps said, The Sun reported. "I talked to everybody else, and they're all supportive."
"

So now I have something to say...and it goes a little something like this...

Fuck you Tony the Tiger...

And you Toucan Sam...

Same goes for you Snap, Crackle and Pop. Actually, try this instead...have a 3-way and go fuck yourselves.


Even Douches need support.