July 22, 2010

Thank You, Leijay...

I said I was going to stay for 4 days. 4 days turned into 12. Me and Bandula were just darting through Galle city in his tuk-tuk, wrapping up what we needed to wrap up for me to get my passport back so that I can make it on a 3 AM flight out of Colombo this morning. The 5 day cricket match had just ended. Sri Lanka won. I don't know if Murali broke the all time mark of wickets broke but the city was buzzing. A magical haze was either floating in or out. I felt sentimental and attached to this place, then like we were men about town as we flew in and out of markets, in and out of shops, me and my boy. Whatever happened in Galle and Sri Lanka, I never expected. The comfort and pace I found here, at this place called Leijay in a literal corner of the world, I never expected. And now...now I'm leaving, always leaving.