April 15, 2010

Setting Fire To Indio...

It was sometime after their September 11th release when I saw they were in the middle of their European tour. They were coming to the states but were touring behind...BEHIND U fucking 2. I like U2 as much as the next guy...or maybe not because I lied to get out of free Rose Bowl tickets when they came to town. Anyway, it wasn't working for me that these guys could open for anyone. It shouldn't have worked for them. So what I did was buy a ticket to Berlin to see them play at the O2. The song below was from that night, the song they opened with if I recall correctly.

Absolutely worth flying around the world to see. Of course later, they announced that they would be making their way through the states, officially, so I went and caught them at the Hard Rock in Vegas sometime in December and will be heading out to the desert on Saturday to see them under the stars. Some people might look at my actions and shake their finger and say something like patience. Some people have. I just shake my head, shake my head and say something like you should have seen what I saw. 5 albums in and the states are finally opening their arms to these guys. Half the people in the crowd on Saturday are going to be walking out, unable to understand the force that just hit them. And I think that's genius, and beautiful, and I can't wait.