May 16, 2009

You Can Call Me Golden Boy, Some Do...


Today, I was asked by Equinox national to teach a class and walk and talk on a microphone for a charity called Best Buddies. Someone gave someone else 100,000 dollars and the first lady of California was there in the front row and one of the organizers tried to introduce me to her when I was helping another rider get situated on their bike and I gave Mrs. Arnold Schwartz this little chin flip like what's up when they were actually trying to organize a photo op. It was kind of awkward, I later thought when I really thought about it.

I took the class through a handful of songs, quickly realizing that none of the riders were into the kind of exercise suicide I teach in West Hollywood. When I walked out, I was met with some forms of praise, I think...I really have no idea anymore, am starting to feel like my perceptions are floating away from me or away from most of the world.

When someone came up to pay me, or mentioned my payment, they asked for an address where they could send the check, adding an unnecessary step to the equation and I felt like they were waiting for me to say something like oh no I could never accept payment...that having the opportunity to work for such a grand and worthy cause was payment enough. So I felt like a dick, but whatever...this is the machine, and you should have seen the machine in action today. No, I'm not talking about myself for once. When I talk about myself, I use words like Adonis or Gifted One or Golden Boy...

But you should already know that.