January 25, 2009

On This Sunday...

I'm good. I filled a class, fell asleep on the couch, walked...actually walked the neighborhood, played the I don't hear you and hustle away from some cop who was trying to give me a jaywalking ticket...game, made some interesting phone calls, played some dodgeball, had a great dinner, watched brilliant Sunshine, gonna finish The Road, gonna go to bed, gonna wake up in a few hours and start a whole day something new. And today worked for me today. Sunday.

The most profound thing I collected on this Sunday, the thing that's constantly hunting me...all around, all the time, the thing with which I'm in a constant battle, the thing that smashed me in the face today...made me smile, made me fucking snarl...was the pull down. Because I'm paranoid, I see and hear and feel it all around all the time...because I have an insecure superiority complex. Today, it hit...someone grabbing hold of an ankle and pleading, fighting, screaming you don't want to go up there. Don't!

Days like today, they remind me why I have so few, why I discriminate so much...why in my heart, I am such a necessary fucking bastard.

It was a brilliant day. Reach in this world and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And mark me now because I'm marking myself. As I continue success, it'll be exactly because I never let it touch me. And thinking about that and knowing it's out there is plenty enough to keep me occupied and absolutely obscure. Today. On this Sunday.