January 29, 2009

Goin' A Little Nuts For This...


Walt Disney Concert Hall. 4 years living in Los Angeles and I've never been. Truth is, I've hardly even driven by. You have to get off the highway and/or venture into a certain part of downtown. I'd be willing to bet...if we're aiming percentile, that 98% of Angelenos have never stepped foot inside. Kinda sad, I mean look at this place. We're talking as architectural wonder as architectural wonder gets.

So last night, I'm on my computer, fishing, lurking...when I get a notice from ticketmaster -- that this newfound band of mine is going to be playing there in March. They're called m83 - I recently posted a live video of "We Own The Sky" -- which to me feels shudderingly profound every time I give listen. Under the headline, there's this little note, saying something not quite little, that they'll be playing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic -- this entire fucking orgy of light and sound and brilliance...

It didn't say that. I'm saying that. I'm seeing that. I'm thinking that.

So I started digging online, found a blog that posted the pre-sale password and picked up a pair of tickets, thinking the whole time fuck, fuck, fuck...how incredible, things like this happening in my own backyard -- and so available. So available.

March the 7th, not soon enough...