February 24, 2011

My Boy Derrick Rose...


Surprised to find myself watching NBA basketball on a thursday night. Maybe because I'm a Chicago boy, and the Bulls are playing LeDoucheBron James and his Miami Heat at home. I've come to admire Derrick Rose so much. So much. Brother is all guts, all grit, wickedly talented, humble, proud, tenacious. You ever read a book and feel like you're getting better as a person just by being exposed to it? I feel like that watching Derrick Rose - not just the way he plays, but also how he behaves. You ever been out drinking all night, like 25 drinks, the next morning finding your clothes covered in shit, body in bruises, eye split open from some Marine breaking your head on the sidewalk before experiencing the feeling of having to drink a beer or shot to stop your thoughts on wanting to die right then and there? I feel like that watching LeBron James.

Am I unfounded? Start this next one at 2:15. Watch the parade of clowns end on two Chicago boys, Rose and Dwayne Wade. Pure class. I'm trying to not be the guy who says Bird, Jordan and Barkley would have never put up with shit like we see today...but Bird, Jordan and Barkley would have never put up with shit like we see today. The world would not have. There's a whole generation coming where men in positions that used to hold reins are children. They will not go far.