November 07, 2010

No Better Sunday Double...


TNT is rolling them back to back -- something comforting about letting them play out on TV, something non-committal that works on me. Coming from Japan, everything Tokyo/Okinawa felt like there was a soft hand reaching inside of me and pulling and pulling, come back come back. It's not like these films flew under any radar. I've probably written about them countless times on here over the years - in some arenas the films are the finest to ever occur. I thought it the moment they hit, I still think it now. People who don't love Tarantino probably don't love them...but I still have to imagine or hope that they respect the force behind it all.

Today, I'm thinking something else, thinking about how Uma Thurman will be looked back upon. She's certainly Tarantino's girl, there's little doubt about that...but as time passes, new generations arrive and the two entities separate, I hope people remember her alone, as the savage queen who killed, killed, killed this role and made my Sunday this Sunday...on many Sundays to come.