November 06, 2009

People I Love This Weekend...


It started with Trainspotting, whenever Trainspotting came across me, but something happened when I became enraptured with the series Long Way Around and Long Way Down...where Mr. McGregor rides his motorcycle with Charlie Boorman through Eastern Europe and then later from England to the tip of South Africa. I'm certainly not that affected by celebrity - maybe I was at one point, but doing what I do, I'm just not anymore. BUT, if I did meet Ewan McGregor I feel like I'd ask him out on a man date, to buy him a beer somewhere and talk about life. Genius to me can be defined in a thousand ways - and because of that, I admire this man's genius in his sincerity, his thirst for life, his manner. Clooney too. If I had a dynamic duo of working actors today, it might be exactly these two...


...

Sometimes when I'm working, Taylor Swift's dad comes into Mozza and sits at my bar. We talk about her rise from whatever she rose from and I tell him how she made such an impression, albeit brief, on an episode of SNL last season. Now she's hosting double duty tomorrow night. Wildly, wildly talented girl. Me and him get friendly and I say things like well this is great...you come in here for lunch and I get our meeting out of the way...having already met dad in case I ever ask your daughter to marry me. He always laughs, actually laughs before leaving a huge tip. Good guy. Can't take my eyes off her. That kind a gal...