December 09, 2008

One Of Those Days...

An e-mail I wrote to my boss at at Equinox, titled "some stories just need to be told"...

Let me preface by saying THIS IS NOT GRIPING. I teach spin for one of my paychecks, I'm not capable of griping. Nor do I much believe in it. Life is what it is. That being said...

So I was working all day today, got your message when I got off at 5. Crapped out sound system, no sweat. I was on my way home and was going to burn a quick CD.

So I get home and my computer isn't "generating enough laser energy to properly burn." WTF, right? So I'm kinda screwed so I start digging into the back of my trunk, find 6 old, scratched and ancient mix CD's, start to sift through them, actually come up with a do-able playlist of pre I-Pod era songs...like Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag -- priceless! No real choreography, I was just going to cowboy it. So I get to the boombox and test the first CD. It starts skipping. I'm fucked.

I have 11 minutes till class, realize I have an adapter at home to hook my I-Pod to the boombox. Traffic is bad, I'm an animal...I decide to run, literally run, by foot to Kings and Willoughby. So I do. I get home at 7:09, grab the connector, turn around, run back, remember quickly that the run back...unlike the run to, is completely uphill. I get to the 7-11, sprinting...again, because I'm an animal, when my left calf goes out. Really. Shot of cramps something awful and now I'm pulling out this spastic skip/hobble up Holloway, grunting like some wild animal, on the clock, battling to Alta Loma, where the hill REALLY starts. A doorman in front of the Sunset Marquis tells me something like, "don't give up buddy" and I make the turn into the parking lot, trek up the escalator, run into class at 7:16 and the fucking adaptor doesn't even fit.

Out of the 6 CD's I brought, only one of them, the first one I tested, is a skipper. I ditched it and pulled out a cowboy'd class, as expected...because if I haven't mentioned it before, let me do so now...I'm an animal - all about the adventure.

Dr. The Reilly Smith


...

I haven't been sleeping because I've been writing day and night and my eyes are blood shot always and people think there's something wrong with me often. I'm exausted, and now I can't walk on my left calf, but after everything, I get home and this is on Fuse, and it saves me, because I'm easy like that...