November 16, 2008

Hollywood...


You know that scene from Caddyshack where they're in Chevy Chase's place and he's pouring Perrier back into the bottle and pretending like he's opening a fresh one for the lady he's with and she says something like you have an uncashed check here for fifty thousand dollars and he says keep it...

Well I was at my dear friend's house tonight having a cup of tea because I'm getting fucking sick from breathing burned homes and was spending some QT before going to another friend's birthday dinner when I saw on the counter a residual check for 23 thousand dollars. I said something like seriously and he told me to look underneath. There was another one for 131. And I wanted to tell him he's like Ty Webb and that the connection is perfect and timely and smart and funny...but I feared he didn't know Caddyshack, and that I would have been wasting my breath.

Shame.