November 24, 2008

The Grove and Else That Comes...


Twilight was the 830 show I caught tonight. It opened this weekend to 70 million and is an undeniably ridiculous movie. For the first time I can ever remember, I was going into a movie rooting for it to fail because of overhype and because of a poor relayed impression of Robert Pattinson from interactions at parties and in watching interviews -- this guy is a piece of work. And I'm going to say it again...this is a ridiculous movie, but it was fine. It was fine.

We all manage to pull this trick from time to time where we find a way to appropriate a conversation back to ourselves, because naturally, we're all selfish. What separates me is that I throw flags -- like here, because this is coming back to me. I have to admit something that's more than a hunch...now that it soared -- financially - Twilight is going to be directly tied to my approaching fate - no doubt about it. And in case you missed my thesis, let me return...in preparation for my coming battles. 70 million.

...



I stepped outside afterwards, still marveling over The "Baseball" scene and pulled my phone, set The Killers' "Neon Tiger" on repeat and started walking laps around the Grove walkway. They lit the lights yesterday and something about such a seemingly artificial place warms me incredibly during the holidays. Twice a night, they blow fake snow off the roofs into the main square and I don't know where I think I am when it happens, but every time, it makes me want to find a curb and just hang...though I never do.

Sometimes I walk all night...just wander or wonder or something of a combination of the two before ending up. Always ending up.