January 18, 2011

Coachella 2011...


Digesting magic. A lot of people like to take this stance about crowds and how they hate people and how they couldn't handle a desert music festival. I know because I used to be one of them. They're missing out. The place is literal magic. I'm taking some time to digest this, because it's a lot to digest. Thought Coldplay was going to headline one of the days - hoped they would bump KOL to second billing, but that didn't happen. I can only go Friday and Saturday this year because I'm leaving to run the Boston marathon that monday...so it hurts a great fucking deal that I have to leave without seeing Kanye. But I have this feeling he's going to cancel or pull some crazy shit anyway. Watch.

I'll be hanging onto something else, driving home Saturday night, past midnight in the desert, Animal Collective and Arcade Fire ringing through me still, wind blasting through my windows, singing to stay awake. That'll be something.