January 09, 2011

Can We Please Do Something Fresh...

And stop the week long celebration of ourself? I guess so. I guess you can only ring your own bell SO much. Though, I still haven't found that much satisfaction yet. But John has been listening. We're on the verge of doing something really special. I can feel it. I can feel it coming. He's just got to bring us in.

Anyway, Jim Carrey last night. Excellent, bigger than the room Jim Carrey. So he walks into the writers room at some point and drops a piece of paper on the table and says something like, so this is what I want to do for my monologue - propose to some woman before settling on a man before talking about wearing condoms in rivers of blood and the end of the world before talking about consummating my gay marriage backstage before getting on with the show. Everyone signs off and Carrey walks out happy and the room looks to one another like, was he serious. Dark as fuck monologue, right? No way written by the staff, right? The kind of thing only Carrey can walk in and get away with, right? Brilliant show, just brilliant. And I have to really tip it to Lorne for this new batch of players too - really fucking talented. I am happy.