March 22, 2010

I Can Only Imagine What Today Would Have Been Like...

Had I made my time under 3 hours and 10 minutes. Instead, I hit cramps at 18 and had to drag myself across the finish line in 329. I can only imagine the relief I would have had yesterday - had it anyway - when I could sit back and know in my head that I had earned Boston. I can only imagine what things would have been like - looking back on all I'd been through - and then looking up my time on the LA Marathon website and seeing it stop at 30k - 215. Stop. And not even get credit for finishing. I guess it doesn't matter all that much to me that I get recorded for a 329 marathon, or that I even get recorded for finishing...but can you imagine if I actually made my time and this happened?

Now that would have been something to talk about.