December 20, 2005

Inapropo Refs and Gratitude. Grease pan, bake a 375, 12 mins...

My site, the site you’re eyes are currently dancing…is a gang-bang. No need to waste time on a darling Monday. Analogies will drop early, often.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone stops you with a look? One that informs of a line in the sand. Watch out. They’ll usually follow the declaration with a second look…you just crossed it.

Por ejemplo…

I was in Baja last January, a gringo with a map and no compass…trying to make a movie. On the second night, 145 miles north of Bajia De Los Angeles, I stopped at an abandoned beach 2 miles off the broken and ripped main road. I can almost promise you’ve never seen anything like it. I meant the road…but the beach, too. The road was the sort where you cross fingers for hours on end, praying your car doesn’t shake to pieces and strand you in the middle of the fucking desert. How else should I describe it? It’s a fucking desert!

It was 11:45 Baja time…whatever that means. I locked my doors and clenched my hatchet…which would likely qualify me as a junior barbarian or barbarian in training. That night, one thing was for sure…the banditos were coming for me. I would fight them off, plunge my baby axe into one of their faces and spend the rest of my life in a sub-standard Mexican prison.

Not exactly the thoughts that breed sweet dreams. And that’s not even mentioning the faint, flickering light coming from the other side of the burm. Being an avid explorer, I had to know where the light was being made. I left my car and crossed a small sand dune. Then, another…

There was a beach fire in between my secluded spot and what I thought was an out of season hotel. Wouldn’t you know, that night…3 lovely San Diegans just happened to be tipping a handle of Bacardi by the fire. Looking back, it’s possible they were Sirens.

Why am I telling this story? I don’t remember where I was heading. Perhaps a reference…the last time a suggestion or action of mine inspired a, “line cross.”

I’m lost. An abandoned beach? Rum? Fire? Outnumbered bachelor? Starry, open sky, secret-is-safe Mexico?

Apologies. It just ain’t clicking. Maybe I’m tired. Or, maybe my imagination isn’t firing on all cylinders tonight. You should know which word to underline there. Come now, this is a heart too sweet for that.

At least I like to believe it is.



There’s a line you cross, a barrier when you stray past the semi-taboo and enter into something else. Like I said, this site is and has always aspired to be a gang bang.

And if you’re going to gang bang, fucking gang bang. Commit.

Now that I’ve come this far tonight, I fail to see the romance. Exactly. See how you back into it? How it works on so many…plateaus?

I often have a roundabout style. But for one night, let me translate this merry-go-round…

Thanks for reading. Thanks for writing that you’re reading. Thanks for writing to read. Since I’m not dying for another 90 years, we got a long way to go.

Yes. I could have saved time, if only I began where I ended…

Thank you, no.