November 23, 2005

Sweet Home Chicago...

I'm a complete sucker for the holidays...so what choice do I have but to head back to the icy tundra? None.

A little town tucked against Lake Michigan just North of Chicago. Lake Forest, Illinois.

I watched the first 30 minutes of Derailed on...actually it was yesterday. Come to find out, it's the new home of Jennifer Aniston's irrelevant shout out. "Living in Lake Forest...in the kind of house I've always dreamed of having." Is that what my sweet little home has become? Context?

Oh, who am I kidding? I was proud. That's my stomps.

I heard it's 19 degrees in Chicago right now. It'll be the coldest Thanksgiving in recent history. Rumors of flurries...how nice?

I tell this to friends in LA, and they think they're sifting through sarcasm before finishing with a laugh. No, I'm fucking serious. It's beautiful. More than I could ever ask for. Because in the heart, it's all I know...and all I ever want to know.

Travel safe...eat, drink and be merry. Watch holiday movies and sit by a fire. Laugh your way into an ulcer with siblings...give love to parents...pick fights with old friends. Sit on top of the one good hill in town and watch the moon echo itself against black as the waves rumble. Watch your breath.

Trudge your way through the heaps of nostalgic shit you know you'll encounter...and come out sparkling on the other side.

At least that's what I plan to do.

Cheers to yours being just as sweet.