October 19, 2011

You Know That Scene...

From the second Lord Of The Rings where King Theodin is under siege from all those shit gurgling goblins and demons ready to break into Helms Deep and kill and eat and rape everything in sight? He says, "What can men do against such reckless hate?," brimming with despair and the anticipation of a grim, grim fate. That's what I thought of when I watched this video -- the moral laden Chinese as the rape and slaughter hungry goblins. This is not a Westerner throwing stones either. It's not that. Nor is it the equivalent of someone from Hong Kong or Guangzou watching selective feeds of Swamp People and Jersey Shore from America and seeing us fucked. Clearly, of course. I know I've seen videos like this before, but this one feels different, haltingly different. Something about the day and age.

I don't know if I've ever put a disclaimer on this blog before, but the following is absolutely awful, and necessary.