April 27, 2011

Tarsem...

If you haven't seen The Fall, go out and see it. For me, one of the most affecting movies I've seen in a long time. That's why when the trailer for the director's next comes out, I jump on it, because this guy is a one of a kind talent.

And I see the images and the movement that's recognizable Tarsem, and then see it tied to 300, which is an understandable marketing angle, and I see name actors, and then I see the lead who is going to be the next Superman...appear strained, and I begin to wonder if the finer work is behind us. Of course, my ability lately to peg trailers has been less than keen. So I'll remain hopeful. If ever there was a movie for a midnight show, this is it. Still, I couldn't drop "genius" as the title to this post, and we all know how much I like to do that.