March 14, 2011

So It Begins...

Race week. First of 2011, ending with the Los Angeles Marathon this sunday. Not trying to sound worldly, or maybe I am, but after running races in Indonesia (Oly Tri), Philippines (70.3), Thailand (Tribe to Tribe Marathon) and Mexico (Ironman) over the course of the last year, it’s going to be pretty nice to line up for a home town race, even nicer to eat somewhere local after, relax and sleep at home after that. I’m already getting fired up, like all that comfort post race means I have to chase something uber brutal during because I don’t have to get on a plane right after…or sleep with cockroaches…or share the backseat of a winding bus in 100 degree heat for 5 hours with 5 Thai teens, no water, willing away vomit and dehydration and coma the entire time.

I love this city. Love almost everything about it. Even our promos are damn amazing. What other city in the world would you see a promo like this.?.?.?