April 28, 2009

I Want To Go There...


I do this thing often where I grow restless with the world I'm living in and start to dream of wild and faraway places where I can seek and find expansion...because in my mind, these things can only happen in faraway places and exotic locales. Crazy, perception. Last week, I was talking to a friend who said he took a drive last week to this place called Mt. Baldy. He said something like, you know, the top of that mountain range where you can usually see snow if you look East from LA. He told me it wasn't that far and that it took 8 hours to hike and I told him to send me directions.

Last night, I was lying in bed, battling this flash fever and scary, painful glands...but was healthy everywhere else and felt fine. So naturally, I started to think of how long I have left before the poison spreads through me and whether I'll be healthy enough to bounce back and climb Mt. Baldy on an LA wednesday. I managed to test my strength with a run this morning...passed. I took a serious fucking yoga class before teaching...passed. The delirium seems to have faded. And I have a feeling I'll be strong, at least for tomorrow and that's all I can care about.

I need to be cleared right now, that's all I can think of...so that's where I'm going, there.