September 13, 2006

Paris 2...

Few words could effectively explain the genius I'm becoming...

I say this, of course...before being distracted by a tantruming Asian man two blocks North of Republique. He's jumping and screaming, pumping madness as if auditioning for the next Hunter S. Thompson novel. I wont tell him if you don't...our friend ate a lovely shotgun blast to the face and wont be joining us for the rest of eternity. Seriously though, how else could he have gone out?

But this guy is totally going to get wiped off the street by an angry Parisian on a moped...if that can even happen. Fucking French...

Let us, for the sake of time get back to my genius and the decision to train for the original 26.2 mile route from Marathon to Athens. Today, I put in 6 that inevitably brought me to the part of town responsible for housing the city's most talented pickpockets and cab drivers. No further evidence was needed after I passed a welcoming "RAPE" sign in front of a hotel. Certainly, this was not an avenue dedicated to venturing Americans.

So, he's kicking leaves in the gutter, screaming obscenities in what could perhaps be...Malaysian? Yeah, I'd say he's crazy if it weren't for the day pack and a bottle of Evian. Someone must have slipped him something. Shit...I hope this isn't one of my roomates...

I visited the orgy of grandeur also known as the Louvre today. Too much. Far too much...so I made a personal deal to breeze through before the 26 songs on the Zepplin Remasters dried out on my I-Pod. I made it out by "No Quarter" which if I may mention, was impressive. How? Why? Well, I'm over it. I'm over the hordes taught to revere the past. Over the digital cameras and the mindless happies being happily directed by arrows to what should be considered beautiful...as if it were a label. In this respect, parts of Paris have certainly been troubling. I wish they weren't...but we are what we are, I suppose.

Turning the corner on the second wing at the Louve, I came face to face with that squinty tramp, Mona Lisa...and couldn't help but wonder. Who the fuck are you to look at me like that? Understand...I would have been the best you ever had. Ever...ever...ever...

Bitch didn't say a word.