April 24, 2006

Because I Can (part 1)...

It scares me to think about it, symbolically or otherwise…the human heart. It scares me that it has the power to evolve. It has the power to change, to adapt to meet the needs of its ever-changing carrier. You, me, everyone.

Theory of evolution…



Where exactly is the point we change? Where we stop believing in “once upon a time” and commit to a world of brick and stone? I’m worried, concerned about the collective condition of the human heart. Symbolically AND otherwise.

I know there was a time. It wasn’t so far off where my heart was a big, bloody, beating mess. I wonder where it has gone. Is it still around or has it grown accustomed to these spurts? Has boredom conquered my pulsing red friend?

No. Come now. You think I would ever let that happen? It’s something else. Something that even my words alone cannot subside.

When I speak of my heart, now…I make no reference from which you can find familiarity. How can one understand the unknown of another? This is not a story of love, lust. Neither makes this life sweet. At least not today.

Tomorrow, well, different story.