October 19, 2005

Fall Mix...

For me, it’s like this. You hear a great song…one you crave to hear over and over, and it turns into your soundtrack. It becomes part of your life, always riding shotgun until another takes its place. Sound like a Time-Life infomercial???

Go fuck yourself.

Anyway…years down the road, when an old song comes out of nowhere…it hits you with something. Some kind of happiness. Some kind of hurt. It reminds you of someone that was in your life. Something you were battling…whatever. But it’s one hell of a connection.

So…for both you and me, I am going to bookmark NOW with the songs of my life. Slap a label on top. Late Fall, 2006. Five, ten, twenty years down the road…when I hear these songs, I will remember THIS exact time in my life. All that I am…all that I was…all that I wanted to be.

No explanation necessary, but the order was carefully selected. I Tunes has got em all…I believe. Not too few, not too many. Just right.

May every song I ever list remind me of how foolish I was…for always and ever.

1. All These Things I’ve Done – The Killers
2. Fix You – Coldplay
3. Come Pick Me Up – Ryan Adams
4. Heysatan – Sigur Ros
5. My Father’s Gun – Elton John
6. Jesus Walks – Kanye West
7. Io (This Time Around) – Helen Stellar
8. Hide and Seek – Imogen Heap
9. Lover, You Should’ve Come Over – Jeff Buckley


How bout you? The silent congregation. What am I, your lit whore? You come for a quickie that ALWAYS ends up all over my face…then you throw a 20 on the tussled sheets before slamming the door on your way out. Where’s the respect? Give me a song. I don’t even care if you say Mariah Carey. Yes, I hate that bitch…but that first single…guilty.